The Other Corn Bread (2008-06-05)
Corn Rolls (makes 8)
Ingredients: Bread flour 180gm, cornmeal (known as corn grits
in Japan) 20gm, water 130ml, salt 3gm, mild flavor honey 18 gm,
grapeseed oil 15gm, instant yeast 4gm, completely drained canned or
frozen corn 40gm
1) Put everything except corn in bread machine and do the dough
cycle, add corn at the last 5 minutes of kneading. Let rest 1 hr
till doubled in size. If knead by hand, use warm water and
proceed as usual.
2) Punch down slightly, divide dough into 8 portions (50gm each). This is a very sticky dough, sprinkle flour on cut sides of dough if difficult to handle. Roll each portion into a ball, let rest 5 minutes.
3) Flatten each ball slightly and reshape into a ball by folding and tucking in the sides. Roll the ball with a cupped hand on the board to make it round.
4) Rest the dough in 30C environment for 50 minutes till doubled in size.
5) Bake at 180C for 14 minutes. Cool on rack.
Back to top